To tell a woman to be PRO-CHOICE is to play the role of the serpent in
Let’s be clear about it! “PRO-CHOICE” is a vague concept popularly understood as “I have the right to make a personal choice; no one should dictate me what to do”. Applied to the issue of women’s rights, it is translated as the woman’s right to make her own decision of what to do with her body.
Under such right, the woman can do whatever she wants to do with her body. “It’s my body,” she says. Hence, if she wants to abort her baby, nothing or no one should interfere with her rights to choose, to decide for herself.
This mentality carries with it a number of VAGUE IDEAS:
(1) Is the baby inside the woman’s body a member of her body (like an appendix, a lung, a heart, etc)? If the answer is YES, then,
(2) Are we morally justified – under the pretext of human right – to cut off whatever member of our body, just because we don’t like it, or because it hinders our well-being?
If we want to avoid another Fall from
(1) Women have rights to choose. Personal choice is part of human freedom.
(2) Women have rights over their own body and can do whatever they want for as long as it is within the bounds of morality (You don’t just cut your thumb because it is fashionable!)
(3) BUT THE
(4) Besides, because it is inside her body, without being her body, the woman has the responsibility to protect and to take care of it until it is born.
(5) THEREFORE, to affirm the rights of the fetus is never a violation of the rights of the woman. Instead, it is an affirmation of her responsibilities towards her baby: the FOREMOST OF WHICH IS TO LET THE
To summarize: TO DECIDE WHETHER THE
TO LEAVE TO THE WOMAN TO DECIDE – meaning, to make her PRO-CHOICE – IS LIKE ROBBING GOD OF HIS RIGHT TO DECIDE FOR
IT IS LIKE THE DEVIL SAYING ONCE AGAIN TO EVE: “Take this fruit and eat it, and you will become like God.” To all women, before making yourself PRO-CHOICE, think again!